March 24th to 26th
Online conference organised by Team Trogen
General topic: Children’s Rights in the Alpine Region
Subtopics (allocated to four committees)
Access to information
How inclusive and participatory is our school system on every level?
- Primary school
- Secondary school
Is our school system flexible enough to cope with new, unexpected and/or challenging situations?
Are the subjects taught still relevant in our days? Should subjects be included or replaced?
Equal rights for all children in the healthcare system
Rights of children in families:
- In case of a divorce
- In case of conflicts in families
- Is enough help available for children in such situations?
How can children exercise their right to decide about their own health?
- In case of a [disease]
- In case of Covid-19
How can the child’s opinion be actively considered in the decision making?
Participation on all levels of society:
- In politics on national, regional, and communal level
- In school on secondary, primary, and kindergarten level
Participation in the institutional response to Covid-19 (mainly concerning school level)
Respecting the opinions of minors and giving them a chance to speak
In what way does our society, family or the media influence the children’s freedom of expression or participation? Should there be changes?
- To which extent can parents decide for their child?
- To which extent can children decide on their own?
- Freedom of religion
- Education and integration of children with a migration background
- Gender and homosexuality
- Equality and integration of children with disabilities